Thursday, August 07, 2008

Unconventional Conventions


Uncertain of our ability to spot one another in a crowd, he told me he'd be wearing a pink tuxedo shirt, black vest, and black pants. I donned a black cocktail dress, diamond tennis bracelet, and my sexiest black stilettos.

And I met The Butler at Dairy Queen.


Getting dolled up for ice cream was a quirky little two-fold treat. I liked that his suggestion turned the mundane into an event, of sorts.

The date was fine. Not stellar, not bad in any way. Just fine.

We parted with a handshake after about an hour so I could meet some friends for drinks. He said he'd be in touch, (and so, to the
Mantris he goes).

And, yes... he really is a butler.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Sounds like fun. The dressing up for ice cream. I like people who think of things like that.

Anonymous said...

I put on my shortest, pinkest dress and went to Cheeburger Cheeburger for dinner a few weeks ago. Best ever.