Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Boy Blue Gets Halved



Boy Blue and I met for our third date to savor a lengthy and delicious dinner and take an evening stroll around the monuments.

The previous weekend, he'd been on a trip with his family. As if our daily communication wasn't enough to let me know I had been on his mind, he made sure to reiterate the point, both verbally and with a gift.

He'd been on my mind, too.* But I hadn't made any decisions. This was, after all, only our third date. And some little birdies** reminded me that that's pretty freaking soon to be making any commitment decisions. (Like, yanno, meeting his
entire family and the like.)

That said, I'll admit to you (just as I admitted to Boy Blue) that I waffled on the subject of accompanying him to his sister's wedding. Even went so far as to tell a few people I was probably going to go.

But then, I consulted The Four-Man Plan, and, like, duh! Lightbulb!

I SUCK AT LOVE.


So, pretty much, I'm all-in on the 4MP, 'cause heretofore, I've always made very bad decisions about everything involving boys and romance. Pretty much every time. Yep. Can't think of one shining example of me not being a total failure in that department.

Anyway, point being... I decided not to put myself in a situation where Bad Belle has any say over what my vagina and I are doing. In case you hadn't noticed, that Belle girl is seriously bad fucking news. And, chances are, if sharing a room with him for the weekend, she'd be all over Boy Blue like white on rice. Or something like that.

So... yeah.


Back to Boy Blue. He told me, unprovoked, that he decided to throw his "stupid rules" (aka - The Five-Date Thing) out the window because I'm worth getting to know on my terms. Awesome.

The night was filled with some other awesome things, but I'ma save 'em for me and that gray matter behind my grinning mug.

Wait, NO!

Let me clarify. According to the 4MP/Lu Smack-Down Laws, Boy Blue is now, officially, a
Half Man.

Translation:
1. He made it to date #3.
2. We're planning to see one another again.
3. He knows I'm dating other guys. ("Just do me one courtesy... if you get to the point that you see I'm not in the running, let me know.")
4. He did NOT utter the L-word. (Whew.)
5. He did NOT make the acquaintance of The Twins.

Plans for now with Boy Blue include an upcoming lunch date (more likely two) and a date of my choosing. (Since, yanno, he planned the last one, and I'm all about the balance.) There is also talk of a weekend trip in September that does
not involve meeting his family. No commitment from yours truly yet, but I'm excited...


* Mamacita Bano will tell you just how much. But then you have to tell me. She likes to hold drunken-Belle ramblings over my head for as long as possible.
** Namely:
- You, dear readers,
- One bona-fide love doctor, aka Cindy Lu
- Oh, and... pretty much everyone else to whom I'd mentioned Boy Blue



1 comments:

M@ said...

You suck in bed, too? :) Sorry, I got nothing. That's the best I got.