Wednesday, April 04, 2007

An Exercise in Restraint

If you read my thoughts here and don't know me in life, you might be under the impression that I'm a hard-boiled bitch in all situations. It's just simply not the case.

From this morning...


The Cyclops: Morning! :-)
Belle: Mornin'
Belle: How are you?
The Cyclops: Alright for a Wednesday. And you?
Belle: Pretty good so far
The Cyclops: I know I asked you out for Saturday, but I need to change it to Friday, if you're available.
Belle: Actually, I'm not sure about going out again.
The Cyclops: Awww. It was the eye, wasn't it. ;-)
Belle: lol. No. I had a nice time, but I don't think I can see it going anywhere really.
Belle: I won't make up excuses.
Belle: Then you'll just bash me to the next girl you take out. ;)
The Cyclops: I won't bash you. Anything I could have done differently? I like to learn from my mistakes.
Belle: No, no mistakes. I just didn't really feel any sparks, if such things exist.
The Cyclops: Alrighty then. Well, thanks for going out with me the one time. :-)
The Cyclops: Good luck with your search.
Belle: Thanks for taking me! I had fun.
Belle: Likewise
The Cyclops: :-)
At least this one could spell...

3 comments:

Pissed Off said...

He seemed to have taken the news rather well. It is a little strange that he asked you what he could do differently. I may have mentioned not wearing flame shirts unless you are hardcore into anime..... (they have their own style)

Belle said...

I contemplated it for about half a second, but, really, who am I to tell this guy what to wear? I don't dig it, but the perfect chick for him would probably think that shirt is cool. Hell, she might even have a couple of her own. :)

Anonymous said...

Exactly (about the perfect woman for him liking or not caring about his taste in clothes). I do like the way you handled it, just saying "No, I don't think so" without any excuses. I really like that.