So, we're about a week into this dating site membership, and I'm going back and forth via email (and, on rare occasion, chat) with several guys. I've been out with one of them, and my calendar reflects a few more meetings lined up for the next week.
I'm playing by some (loose) rules on the correspondence front for the moment, which include (but are not necessarily limited to):
- I respond to messages that include: appealing substance, an adequate exhibition of wit and/or intelligence, and/or a reasonable amount of intrigue.I'm also a bad blogger who received a book for review many months ago and (gasp!) has yet to review it. As of now, though, I'm officially following The Four Man Plan, by Cindy Lu. We'll consider it a social experiment of sorts, and the review will be chronicled in the results of this endeavor.
- Most of my former dealbreakers (excluding those involving safety, creepiness, or wearing a chain) are currently considered inadmissable for the purpose of opting out of pre-date communication [and initial (1-2) date(s)].
- I do not respond to any message on the same day, but I respond to all messages (that warrant responses) within a day or two.
- If a guy stops contacting me, I do not attempt to revive communication.
- If a guy creeps me out, I cease communication immediately.
- If a guy doesn't creep me out and finds the nerve to ask me out, I accept.
- I'm not pussyfooting around anything this time 'round. No finessing any facts or fine-tuning self-portrayal for the sake of glittering myself up. And no apologies. I am who I am, and they get what they get... take it or leave it.
More to come on Ms. Lu's Plan and Belle's new venture onto the dating scene...