Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Season Closers


Last night was my rec softball team's last for the season.

Ready for the tally?


2007 Season


Games played: 9

Games won: 1
Games lost: 8


Last Night

Games played: 2

Players present: 12

Total innings played: 8

Final scores: 14-26 & 13-29 (That'd be Belle's team losing both times, obviously.)
Teammates seen for the second time this season: 3

Teammates seen for the first time this season: 1

Over-the-fence home runs hit: 2 (By the same player. In the first game. Each yielding four runs. If this guy had bothered to show up to more than three games this season...)


Hits Belle took for the team: 11 (If you sing that song that goes "head and shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes"... you're almost right on the money for where I was pelted with the ball and in what order. Catching is a dangerous business for those who, uh, can't catch.)


Times Belle tagged home and got someone out: 2 (But don't be too happy for me. The pitcher caught both, handed each to me, and let me step on the plate as a courtesy.)


Runs Belle scored: 1 (The pitcher walked me to first, but I take great pride in the fact that I didn't fuck anything up after that!)


Balls Belle hit: 1 (I was ONE step from first when that crazy lady on first caught the ball and got me out. ONE. Dammit. Still... I hadn't hit a ball that wasn't a foul since the first game of the season.)

4 comments:

NA said...

Still, you finished! Way to be a good sport.

P.S. I did the meme.

Anonymous said...

And it is supposed to be about how you play the game, not whether you win or lose, right? ;)

The Brooklyn Boy said...

Congrats on making it through the season. The highlight of my softball career was when I hit a three-run home run to lead my fraternity to its first-ever Intramural frat league victory in anything. Only took us five years from founding ...

Pissed Off said...

well, i have to give you props for playing every game!!!