Thursday, June 07, 2007

'Jericho' Lives

I had such high hopes for my hundredth post. I've neglected my regular posting and literally spent hours doggedly crafting a post that still hasn't made it to the level I'd hoped to deliver on this little occasion.

But I can ignore this no longer: "Jericho" will be back! (And it only took 25 tons of nuts to do it.)

Okay, I kept my trap shut in this venue about the show until they canceled it last month. While I normally try to avoid unnecessary (or unsubsidized) promotion of for-profit companies' products, I have a personal interest in this one.*

"Jericho" is an excellent show. For those of you who missed out the first time 'round, you'll be able to watch it online or catch reruns this summer. And you should. And then you should tune in for the seven episodes they'll be airing this fall.

"And why should I do this?" you might ask. Well, dear reader, that's an excellent question. In bulleted form, see my answers below.

  • You should do it because the show is awesome.
  • You should do it because the plot is original and has relevancy to the current atmosphere in the U.S. and, arguably, the world.
  • You should do it because the characters are of the variety that allow and, perhaps, demand that you care about what happens to them.
  • You should do it because the terrorists will win if you don't.**

So, yeah, this is me shamelessly pitching joining the grassroots effort to keep "Jericho" alive. Expect related posts in the future.

* Which is to say, I really, really, really enjoy watching this show. So much so that I've all but boycotted TV since I heard "Jericho" was canceled and was actually considering ditching my cable service since the networks care so much more about profits than they do about providing any kind of quality television.
** Which is to say, you should do it because CBS has warned the existing fans that this is our last chance. Viewership has to be up for the next seven episodes or they'll kill the program for real. And that would make me cry. And you wouldn't want to see me cry, now would you?


3 comments:

Pissed Off said...

would this be an unhealthy obsession? just kidding.... i love you!!

Belle said...

Obsession? Undoubtedly. Unhealthy? Well, that's up for debate. ;)

Pissed Off said...

you are quite the jokester... or would that be me in this case? hardy har har...