Friday, March 09, 2007

Sweet bliss

This has nothing whatsoever to do with dating, but I had to share... this has been a wonderful day!

I was pleasantly surprised to find my last post linked on dcblogs this morning. Several bloggers who made their way here and commented as a result will be getting regular reads from me, and that makes me happy.*

Then I got to cut out of work early this afternoon. Why? Because I needed to pick up my passport. Why? Because I'm going to Amsterdam. Tomorrow. This will be my first trip to Europe, and I'm excited beyond belief!

When I left the passport agency, official documents in hand, I headed toward my travel buddy's house to surprise him, and a man on the street who didn't seem creepy or homeless told me I was cute (God how I miss living in D.C.) and just about made me cream myself because my day was turning out so well.

Top all that off with an afternoon beer buzz on a weekday, and you have what I call near-perfection.

*sigh*


* And, let's face it, when I started this blog in September, it was primarily for my friends' benefit, but the writer in me was secretly hoping all along that someone else somewhere would find my musings at least slightly entertaining. This is all a boost to the ego. I don't keep up with traffic stats or anything, so I'm judging readership solely on feedback, which is typically slim.

3 comments:

Jamy said...

Maybe now you'll be encouraged to write more often. :)

Have a great time in Amsterdam. It's amazing.

Adam said...

DCBlogs is how I found your blog, and the 'Dam is a ton of fun. Hopefully you get to do non-work stuff while you're there. I can recommend the space cakes followed by a trip to the museum of modern art :)

Carrie M said...

it was a great post, well worthy of the link on DC blogs!

have a wonderful trip, it's a beautiful city!