Thursday, March 29, 2007

Dating, Belle's just not that into you

So far, the CL ad I posted the other day has netted about 15 responses that were decent enough for consideration. I responded to a couple, and neither of them has written back. I could sit around moping that those two didn't deem me worthy of a second round, but I'm not. I'm sitting here looking at my inbox and all these messages to which I've yet to respond, and I'm completely unmotivated to do anything with them.

While the ad, which sought someone to help me with the basics of softball, sounded like a good idea for a not-too-date-ish way to meet someone, I'm not kidding anyone, least of all myself. The truth is that I only posted it so I could get some more material for this blog. And, honestly, I think that's kind of crappy for me and for whatever poor slob might get pulled into the mix. Obviously, I'm not feeling the whole dating scene right now, and I don't think it's a good idea to force it on myself.


I do have a date on Friday. Again, it's solely for the purpose of harvesting blog material. And
This Guy figured out what a plan is and reserved my presence for an upcoming Saturday. Other than that, I'm just not that into the whole scene. I don't want to abandon blogging, so I'm going to be thinking of how I can maintain this space without pushing myself into scenarios I'm not enthused about or spinning all over the place without some kind of focus.*

*
Reading this just now made me think I sound like a horrible person with no regard for others. And a big dork who cares more about her blog than it's cool to admit. What the hell? At least I'm honest.

5 comments:

Pissed Off said...

i enjoy what i read from you, even if it IS at the expense of others..... HA

Anonymous said...

the punishment for a self described 'horrible person' is 50 lashes w/ a wet noodle!
poor guys...
women have so much power in the dating world [bah, I dont want to distract from your topic. Maybe you can "#3" on this later. ;) it is just an idea]

Belle said...

I've never been beaten with a wet noodle, but I don't see what all the fuss is about.

And... Poor guys my ass!

Anonymous said...

hehe, I am contractually bound to stick up for the guys, what can I say? It is in my best interest.

re:wet noodle, I could demonstrate.

Belle said...

Quick-
I'm sure you'd get much more pleasure out of that demonstration than I would. Ah, but how we digress. :)