Monday, October 23, 2006

Smell that? I think it's addiction

Things were slowing down with all the guys who’d contacted me from the first ad, and the truth is I’d become a little addicted to the whole thing. Since I’d had mainly undesirable results from the first, I decided to post another, more specific ad and see what came of it.


My post:

You:

Straight, SINGLE, male, 24-30, 6 ft or taller, employed, able to maintain your own in conversation (intelligent or otherwise), open-minded, more liberal than conservative, fun, and looking for someone to spend time with and cultivate a friendship (with potential for more).

Me:

Straight, single, white, female, 24, 5'8", thick (with NO self-esteem/image issues), fun, friendly, outgoing, too honest for my own damn good, professionally employed, 420-friendly, a smoker who is quitting (but does NOT want to be hassled about progress or lack thereof) and looking for someone to spend time with and cultivate a friendship (with potential for dating/ltr).

We could get together for drinks or people-watching or a movie or something else, if you're so inclined.

Your pic gets mine.

If you're just looking for sex, don't bother responding.


I got fewer responses on the whole to this post, down from more than a hundred responses to around 60 this time. I also weeded through responses with quite a bit more scrutiny. I wasn’t looking for a repeat of my time with Ice Cream Guy. The entries that follow will chronicle the ensuing events.

1 comments:

Heath Lail said...

That WAS a lil cold, darlin'. But I also understand you not wanting to get into a strange car with a still-rather-somewhat stranger. Though you were a bit rough, it seems as though he was a bit too open-ended for his own good as well. Hope you had a great weekend, and I'll holla at you tomorrow morning.