Monday, August 27, 2007

It's a Matter of Equality


I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

If marriage is to continue to be recognized by the U.S. government, the right to enter into those unions should be available to every adult U.S. citizen. Sexual orientation should not be a factor in the equation. This is a basic civil rights issue.

I'm not going to keep going on about it.


Sign The Human Rights Campaign Petition.


I believe that all Americans, including gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people, deserve the rights, responsibilities, and privileges that come with marriage. And right now, we have an unprecedented opportunity to make that dream a reality. Please, join me in adding your voice to a million voices raised in support of marriage for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender couples.

3 comments:

The Brooklyn Boy said...

Word. My take on this - and other 'rights' issues - is that if it doesn't infringe on other people, then other people shouldn't be infringing on it.

Now excuse me while I go mount my cow. Bessie gets lonely when the summer ends. Oh, wait ...

Anonymous said...

You can also show your support by being selective about where you throw your dollars: check out this list and don't buy a car from one of these manufacturers:

http://www.gaywheels.com/gff/nongayfriendly.htm

Lavatory Lady said...

It's so sad that gay people are not allowed to marry each other. I have seen many gay couples more committed to each other than many hetero couples who just marry so they can have the big wedding and end up divorced in under 5 years. Marriage is about committment; not just appearances.

LL