Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Ode to Roommate

Roommate wasn't here to hear me singing* snippets of sappy love songs to/about her at top volume this afternoon,** so I’m posting in her honor here.

"Have I told you lately that I love you?"

"I can't liiiiiiive, if living is without yoooou..."

Cheesy? Undoubtedly. But those two lyrics (not the songs in their entirety... work with me here!) described exactly how I was feeling at the moment.

Is it all the great cooking I'll miss if Roommate decides to leave me one day? The conversations? The willing DD? The friendship? The road trips? Well, yes, but those things aren't the reason I was singing...

I had to give Roommate a shout-out because of her fantastic, fully-loaded, beautiful to behold and completely irreplaceable chest



... of tools. (You people. I swear...)


Because of Roommate’s tool collection (and the one specialty tool I borrowed from my buddy Buddhist Catholic), I was able to save something like $100 by replacing my passenger-side mirror myself.

I’ll admit, the glass had been broken since 2005, so it was about damn time I did something about it. But getting out there (still dressed for work and wearing a skirt, no less) and doing the damn thing myself made me feel all kinds of awesome.

Of course, I made a few calls to Big Bro and Little Bro, who helped me figure out how to do what needed to be done, but I’m proud to say I did it alone.

Back to Roommate, though… You rock! And you can’t leave.

I can’t allow you to go. If you do, I get joint custody of the tools. I’m serious.

* I use the term "singing" very loosely here.
** My neighbors were. Somehow I imagine they're less pleased than Roommate would be.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you bared my chest for the whole world to see! I feel awfully special though- thanks for all the sweet thoughts. I owe you a chocolate torte.

Belle said...

Chocolate Torte, you say? I'll stay far from the kitchen while you work your magic for that one. :)


Stupid gummy rice...

Anonymous said...

she cooks, and has her own tools?
If she knows how to change a car's oil; I would propose...yes, I would marry her all over again! :-D

thing2 said...

How dare she use it as a tool chest. Where is she stuffing her bra and panties nowadays? She should know better and know that bras are for big chests like that.

Belle said...

Quick: I'll only give you permission to marry her again if I don't have to wear some stupid dress to the shindig. Oh, and if it's a destination wedding and you pick up the tab...

Noah: She's not stuffing her bras (:-D) anywhere these days... they're all over her room, right out in the open... some of them even spill out into the hallway! You'll have to reign her in when you come visit.