Wednesday, February 20, 2008

[Big-Name Dating Site] Users Beware


I just received the following message:

Anti Belle,

As a lifestyle blogger, we’ve selected you as one of an exclusive group of bloggers who are invited to post about your dating experiences while using [Big-Name Dating Site]. To help you get started, I want to offer you a three month trial membership to
[Big-Name Dating Site].

This is a great chance for you to expand your dating possibilities by tapping into [Big-Name Dating Site]'s 15 million members. You can search, flirt, and connect with other [Big-Name Dating Site] members through [Big-Name Dating Site] Mobile or online. As you explore [Big-Name Dating Site]’s services and connect with other eligible singles, share your experiences with the readers of Dating is Dead.

If you are interested in more information or the trial [Big-Name Dating Site] membership, feel free to contact me.

Thank you so much for your time.

[Big-Name Dating Site] Representative


So the questions I have are these:

  • Has the [Big-Name Dating Site] Representative who sent me this message read anything on this site? Ever? (Likely not...)
  • Has s/he noted my neurosis or the way in which I take pleasure in ripping my dates to shreds for the entertainment of friends and strangers here on the interwebs? (If so, Devil!)
  • Are [Big-Name Dating Site] and its Representative screwing over their actual paying customers by exposing them to mean, bitter bloggers everywhere in the hopes of generating some word-of-mouth advertising? (Obviously...)
  • But shouldn't [Big-Name Dating Site] and its Representatives have the best interest of its paying users in mind at all times? (Okay, everyone knows even I'm not that naive...)
  • Are the paying users of [Big-Name Dating Site] ready for the likes of Belle? (Likely not...)
  • Am I ready to re-enter the online dating scene? (...)
  • Will a "free" account at [Big-Name Dating Site] yield results any different from those garnered at other free dating sites I've tried? (...)
What to do, what to do...

9 comments:

Jamy said...

I once considered soliciting my readers to pay my dues for an online dating site--so I could have more dates to write about. But I decided that it would be too cruel.

However, that won't stop me from encouraging you to sign up because I would really like to be entertained!

J said...

I too, am rooting for you to accept. This is too priceless an opportunity to pass up!

Frankly, Scarlett said...

Oh come on! Exploit your personal interactions for monetary gain :) All the coooool kids are doing it! :)

Kristin said...

Sounds interesting, to say the least. I, too, would find this wildly entertaining.

Belle said...

Well, I just replied to [Big-Name Dating Site]'s Rep. We'll see what comes of this. ;-)

Foilwoman said...

Heck, I make fun of people from Plenty of Fish, Intellect Connect, and other freebies. What's the difference? Oh, the vendor is clearly failing to understand it's duty to it's paying customers. Get the membership, disclose big dating site's identity, and go to town. Of course, you'll have to guard your secret identity. GayDate? Schmee-Schmarmony? Chemistry.con? We want to know.

Pissed Off said...

you didn't tell me about this!!!

Average Jane said...

Has anyone at Big Name Jewish Dating Site ever read MY blog? GEEEESH! I deserve a lifetime membership for the crap I've been through.

Um.. and I'm totally going on a j-date tonight. Idiot. I know.

Unknown said...

on the net there are a number of people are share our emotion and feelings but i want to share some tips which is required for approach any girls and is require for the expose some mistake that man generally do and that is better enhancement through the video that 15-minute video called 'The Top 5 Mistakes That Guys Make With Women' to find out. Check out this video http://www.themodernman.com/top5_mistakes_video.html